Kamloops Legacy Games 5 on 5
April 21st & 22nd 2018
Thank you for your interest in supporting the 3rd Annual inclusion of the sport of Ultimate into the 2018 Kamloops Legacy Performance Games. Our inaugural year (2016) into these games was a great success with 6 teams from across the province, and grew to 8 teams in 2017, and we're looking forward to further, exponential growth this year! This is an exciting opportunity for Ultimate to continue as part of this BC multi-sport games experience, and for you to earn bragging rights as you point to that gold medal hanging around your neck. Come and take it from the Clowns who are gunning to Three Peat this year!
More about the overall Kamloops Legacy Performance Games Here & Registration Link
*** Please email email@example.com to advise of your interest or with any other questions you may have.
Where: Kamloops BC - McArthur Island Premier Soccer Fields
When: Pool Play on Saturday April 21st - Bracket Play on Sunday April 22nd, with awarding of medals immediately following the Gold Medal Final. A games ceremony, social (read: Party) on Saturday night is a welcome addition to this year's games experience.
Who: You and your 9 best friends (or more) of both genders (5 on 5, at least 2 of each gender on the field) - and teams being welcomed from across BC and our neighbouring States and Provinces.
How much: $450 for a team of 10 - $45 each for additional players (see below for statement on roster limits)
Hotel deals: The Legacy Games folks have arranged- STAY TUNED for more INFO on this soon!
Why: To be a part of an exciting multi-games experience, from Opening Ceremonies to Medal Ceremonies - and of course, helping with the continued success of the growth of Ultimate while you battle in the sport you love on some of the nicest grass fields in the province... we'd say "the" nicest, but we don't want to brag too much - we're leaving the bragging to you as you leave with the shiny hardware hanging around your neck.
Legacy Registration Link ... if you don't have your roster set (and many/most of you won't) - just register yourself and the team, and we'll work out getting the rest of your roster set up later. Also, if you're planning to bring more than 10, we'll work out the additional $45 per player collection during tournament day sign-in.
About roster limits: we have not formally set a maximum allowed roster size, and we may see teams bringing as many as 13-14 players (or more?) or as few as 9-10. We suggest that you'd likely desire to bring at least 12 players (7 and 5), unless you really know what you're in for with this style of play and are all ready for it.
5 on 5 rules
5 on 5 is a fast paced variation of ultimate. You sub on the fly, and less players means more touches of the disc.
The rules follow the USAU 11th Edition, with the following variations:
- The field is 25 yards wide and 70 yards long in total, with 14 yard endzones. There is no brick.
- Stall counts are to 8. In good Canadian fashion, it's the "eh" in "eight".
If the 11th Edition says to restart the stall at...
- Stalling 6 if over 5, then it starts at Stalling 5 if over 4 instead
(e.g., contested call or 2nd+ contested stall)
- Stalling 9 if over 8, then it starts at Stalling 7 if over 6 instead
(e.g., uncontested offensive foul or offensive technical time out)
- Stalling 8, then it starts at Stalling 7
(e.g., 1st contested stall - 2nd+ contested stall at Stalling 5)
- There is no pull after a point. When a team scores, the receiving player acknowledges the goal and immediately places the disc on the ground. The other team has 8 seconds to take possession and put the disc into play at that spot. They cannot walk the disc to the goal line.
- Players sub on the fly. The designated sub zone is at the midline of the field, 10 yards in length, marked by cones. Every player entering the field must tag the outgoing player on the sideline before entering the field.
- At the beginning of a game and after half, both teams line up at the back of the end zone for the initial pull.
- When a team gains possession in their endzone, if the disc left the field of play, it is put into play at the front of the endzone at the point closest to where it crossed the perimeter line. But if the disc did not leave the field of play and came to rest in the endzone, it is put into play where it came to rest.
- Games to 21, no win-by-2, hard time cap at 45 minutes. There is no soft cap
- Half at 11, mirror ends and pull/receive from the game start. No break at half, other than to switch ends and repull.
- One time-out per team per half (2 per game).
- Default is: foot blocks are "in".